I may never buy crackers again. It’s just that simple. These are so easy to make. So easy to modify with different seasonings. Crispy and crunchy and perfect for transporting dip (as shown in my last post). Even my husband, who is suspect of anything “healthy”, was gobbling them down.
These gluten free vegan crackers represent clean eating at its finest with an array of spices and nutritious seeds that make them as beautiful as they are delicious.
So break out the dip and let’s get this party started!
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Raw Whole flax seeds*
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Whole Seed chia*
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Simply Raw sunflower seeds*
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Simply Raw pumpkin seeds*
- ½ tsp maldon salt
- Your choice of seasonings such as black pepper, chili, onion or garlic powder, oregano, rosemary or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together plus whatever additional seasonings you might want and stir until combined.
- Let sit 10 minutes to allow the flax and chia seeds to become somewhat gelatinous.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment and spray with cooking spray. Spread mixture out, pressing until the sheet is less than ¼″ thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and slice into crackers (a pizza cutter is super handy).
- Carefully turn the crackers over and put them back in the oven for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Stored in an air-tight container they will stay fresh for a week.
* Disclosure: I received free product from Bob’s Red Mill as part of the October Unprocessed campaign.